Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Late Birthday Celebration

My birthday was two weeks ago already but a week ago, my family and I got together at my sister's house for some food and games.  To be honest, it wasn't an ideal situation from the start because I wanted everyone over to my house and I could prepare food however when you throw kids in the mix and a sick one, especially, you have to make adjustments and go to the party where the kids reside.

We each brought one hot appetizer and one cold appetizer.  I made two recipes I found on Pinterest, cold and hot.

We really only played one dice game, called Left Center Right.  We played for quarters and everyone won at least once...except for me.

I even received a couple more gifts from my family.  My mom presented me with a bracelet along with a DIY bracelet holder that she made (with a little help from my dad) that she saw on The Nate Berkus show.  And finally, I received a gift certificate for a hotel from my sister which we've already booked a room in Duluth for June for the MS150.  Thanks family!





2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I love family celebrations :)
Please show us a pic of the bracelet holder, I think I need one for necklaces

Jamie said...

Good times! That was so weird that you never did win.