Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fish Friday

Last Friday, my parents and grandpa all gathered at my sister's house in celebration of my mom's birthday, which was actually on Monday.  My sister and mom stood in line for over a hour at the VFW to pick up food for all of us for their weekly fish fry during Lent.  We all received a huge container of fish, potatoes, coleslaw, baked beans and bread. Not bad for $10!  We didn't do a dessert since we'd all be stuffed but I did buy my mom an individual carrot cake from Byerly's. Have you ever seen their beautiful desserts?  When I picked up the cake, a guy was trying to take a photo all their gorgeous desserts and the workers there told him he couldn't.  Big secrets going on over there at Bylerly's!

My mom opened some presents from us and we all just hung out, watched basketball, admired Colton and talked until it was time to go home. My sister talked a lot since she just got back from Memphis for work and went to Graceland that morning.  I did not take a single picture which I'm bummed about so this free image below will have to do.  Happy Birthday Mom!


No comments: