Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day

Happy Earth Day to you.  

A big thanks to my model for allowing me to make him look kinda silly carrying a globe circa 1980's just so I could put it here for your enjoyment.  I knew that globe that I've been holding on to since elementary school would come in handy one of these days! (Actually, I've kept it all these years because it's interesting to see all the countries that are still on there with different names than what they exist as today, like the USSR and different parts of Eastern Europe.  


Michael didn't just come out in the yard to hold the globe for me.  He was actually out there to plant his hops that he's going to grow for use in his own home brews.  He's growing both Cascade and Chinook hops.  They shouldn't grow much, if at all this year but next year they should take off and then it's hard to keep them from not growing like wildfire.  We're hoping the critters in the backyard don't get them but we'll see.




New growth on the trees

No comments: