Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Promotion

Last month, I had my annual review at work and I was promoted.  Let's pretend that my job title is Wickity Wickity Wack.  Now, after my promotion my title is Senior Wickity Wickity Wack.

I will still stay in my current department but I will play a larger role in training others, presentations as well as being a mentor and example to others.  I've already felt the stress of my new duties though.  There are three new people starting in my department starting this past Monday until the end of the month and I'm a big part of training them.  Unfortunately I can't get to my daily work and I'm having to come in on weekends.  I know it's temporary and it's a busy time of year for us but I'm getting a little burned out.  I know it sounds like I'm complaining but I'm trying my best to stay positive and as stress-free as possibly can!  I'm truly excited to have been promoted to this title.  This is something I had been striving for!

My new business card:


Ok, the only thing real about that business card is the picture. That's really where I work...the building shown in the back at least.  

  

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats sistercat, it will get better and in the end very worth the time and effort.

Ang said...

yay! CONGRATS!!!!

Love the new business card! It's so you!

Dennis Sterner said...

Congratulations on your promotion! I hope it came with a few more bucks too. I have had some new and added responsibilities over the years with the same money, being told I have a new opportunity to grow.

Dana said...

Thanks everyone. The promotion does come with a few extra bucks so yes, that is nice. Dennis, I've heard that same sort of growth opportunity talk as well. We know what that translates to. :)