Sunday, May 27, 2012

Eco-Dinner Part III

I met up with Tanya for our third monthly meeting for dinner at Ecopolitan on Wednesday night.  While there's still plenty on the menu to try, it's not all stuff I'm interested in trying.  Tanya had the chili cheese burrito, which is what I had last time and this time I tried the Savory Casserole, which was not my favorite.  Here's what it consisted of and looked like:

dill cashew cheese + fresh vegetables layered with zucchini, avocado + buckwheat
 breadcrumbs.  Served with a side salad.


If you recall, Ecopolitan is all vegan, organic, gluten-free and raw. Raw means unheated or cooked under 115 degrees.  This dish was like a big slap of cream cheesy-texture and probably would have been great on crackers.  I spread it out over the salad to eat it.  It wasn't bad, it just wasn't the best either.

What was good was this...a Green Julia, a smoothie consisting of bananas, orange juice, vanilla, coconut oil and spinach.


This was also good...my company!  Even though Tanya and I cut it short due to weather and the sirens going off, I'll take any time I can get with my chica!




No comments: