Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Did you spend yesterday with your mom?  I did but we actually celebrated Mother's Day a week earlier.  A week ago yesterday, my sister and I brought my mom out to brunch at Kozlak's.  I wasn't aware that I had been to Kozlak's before until my mom said we went there for an occasion in the '80's.

The salad bar wasn't anything special in my opinion but the rest of the food was great.  I loved the pecan caramel rolls as well as the french toast with pecan maple syrup.  I'd like to go back again with M one of these days.

They had a three piece band walking over to tables and they came to ours and played "My Walking Stick", by Irving Berlin.  The guys gave us their attempt at humor as well.  Here's a sample of what we heard:

Guitar Player: Hey, didn't that song come over on the Titantic?

Oboe Player: No, it's not that old.

Guitar: (I can't remember his exact response, but it was something about him having a sinking feeling and that he doesn't even use ice in his drinks anymore.)  (Oh boy.)

After a picture:
**Camera Flashes**

Guitar:  Hey, I see sparks.

Oboe:  Did you see a doctor?

Guitar:  No, just sparks.

Ba Dum Tsss!

My sister and I don't get a whole lot of opportunities to hang out with just my mom so it was fun.  We dressed up a bit, ate and then did a little shopping before calling it a day.







My mom just can't keep her eyes open long enough for a picture



As for yesterday, I went to my parents house around 2 pm and hung out there until about 6:30 pm before going home.  We hung outside all day just relaxing and talking and then I had dinner over there.  We visited my sister at her house minutes away for a quick hello as well.  Hope you treated your mom nicely yesterday (and everyday) and enjoyed the gorgeous weather! 

No comments: