Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

If you are on Facebook, you've seen this posting.  You don't have to follow the directions and do it yourself but I thought I would share my random things about me with you.  

If you have some time, please do this! You may be surprised at how much fun it is to share random stuff about yourself and learn more about someone else. Go ahead! Be a little narcissistic!

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people (give or take) to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. I would love to see your responses, that is why I tagged you...onto my random facts.

Instructions: Go to your profile page and choose Notes. Write a new note, publish it on your profile and tag your friends.

1. My nickname from my Dad is Spud and my nickname from my mom is Leigh-Leigh.

2. I have never broken a bone.

3. I consider myself a very emotional person. I cry very often at things that are sad, happy and funny. For as many tears as I have shed, I am surprised my tear ducts are not dry. 

4. I saw space shuttle Atlantis launch from Cape Canaveral in person. 

5. I write and eat with my left hand but when it comes to sports, I bat and play hockey and golf right handed.

6. I've seen hundreds of bands in concert spanning a 20 year period.

7. I have severe arachnophobia.

8. When I was 7 years old, my parents made a deal with me to never smoke cigarettes. If I didn't smoke up until age 21, my parents would give me $500. I collected that money on my 21st birthday. 

9. I collected baseball (and some football) cards as a kid and again in my early 20's and still have thousands of different types of baseball cards.

10. I played softball from age 8-16. I played shortstop for my first year but was a 1st baseman for the rest of the time playing every single inning of every single game, even making a double play by myself once.

11. I once told my parents when I was 16 that I was sleeping over at friend's house when I actually took off with another friend and drove to Madison, WI to see a soccer team that had boys on it that we liked. I got grounded for that and it was the only time my parents stuck to the time frame of the grounding (2 weeks in the summer). Before that, they always let me off of being grounded early.

12. I moved out on my own into an apartment 10 days before I graduated from high school in June 1995. I moved back in with my parents in February 1996 and lived there until I moved out for good in December 2000. 

13. I rarely watch TV. The only time I will turn on the TV during the week is to listen to the news when I get ready for work in the morning otherwise I will watch football on Sundays during the football season. 

14. I am the first and only person to have graduated from college with a bachelor's degree on my Mom's side of the family. 

15. I do not cook very often but strive to become a good one and to do it more often.

16. I had mono when I was around 19 or 20 and despite it being rare to get again, I got it again when I was 24.

17. I pierced my tongue when I was 19 and took it out when I was 24 because I had mono and couldn't stand how heavy it felt in my mouth.

18. My favorite ages in adult life so far have been age 23 and 30. 

19. For as long as I can remember, I have never wanted to have kids. At age 32, my feelings have not changed. 

20. I flew in an airplane for my first time when I was 21 years old. I was alone and I cried but a nice Texas businessman sitting next to me helped me through it all. 

21. I do not consider myself to be a creative person whatsoever, even though I wish I was. 

22. I once was kicked in the face on purpose with an ice skate.

23. I once had many aspirations for a successful business career when I was in my young 20's. I have changed and have decided that I do not want to be defined in life by my job. I want to make just enough money to pay the bills, save some and still be able to do the things in life I enjoy on an everyday basis. My life is more important than to spend it working more than I need to.

24. I have never been fond of my brown eyes and when I was younger WISHED for a different color. I still do wish for another color some days. 

25. I do not think I could go a whole year without seeing Lake Superior and visiting the North Shore.

1 comment:

Ang said...

You and I have #5 in common... only I could never play sports that required a glove because I throw and catch with my right hand!