Monday, August 24, 2009

The Bride to Be and all her Girls

Tanya's bachelorette party was on Saturday, August 15th. The day started out at Culver's in Shakopee for lunch and then we all headed to Valleyfair for the day. I hadn't been to Valleyfair in... I don't know how many years. The last time I can remember going is for Senior Skip Day in high school, over 14 years ago. I think that I must have gone sometime the few years after that but I can't remember. Either way, it had been awhile. I was a little nervous to go on any of the rides because I'm older now and I didn't know how I would react to them. (M and I went to the State Fair last year and got sick from some ride) It turned out to be a lot of fun. I went on most of the rides and have reconfirmed to myself that I still like roller coasters. The rides that were most scary to me were Power Tower (250 foot free fall), Extreme Swings and Steel Venom. I think Steel Venom was the scariest. After Valleyfair, we all headed back to Tanya's Matron of Honor, Kristi's house for food and drinks. We had chips and salsa, guacamole, tacos and margaritas and daiquiri's. After the food, it was fun to hear of the girls' stories from college about drinking, boys and living together. (I am originally a friend of the groom so I didn't know most of the girls until that day) The day turned out great and I know Tanya had a lot of fun. And the wedding will be here soon...October 10th!

The Bachelorette, Tanya

The group

This ride was scary!
Tanya and bridesmaid me
Tanya and her matron of honor, Kristi
Bridesmaid Missy and Tanya
Bridesmaid Jill and Tanya
Bridesmaid Colleen and Tanya
Look at Tanya's hair!
The nasty gum post while waiting in line for Renegade
Steel Venom---The scariest ride!
Tanya's just coming around the corner
Wild Thing

Power Tower


The undies I got Tanya
And finally, there was a little bit of this reaction to some of the gifts!

Thanks to Kristi for most of the photos!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Tanya Zenner said...

Thanks for being there Dana. It WAS alot of fun. I love my girls...and you are one of them now. :)(Even if you knew Chris first...I am claiming you as mine.)