Monday, August 24, 2009

Heritage Days

The city I grew up in and spent most of my years, Vadnais Heights, had it's annual Heritage Days during the week of August 10th-16th, with the big celebration day on Sunday, the 16th. There is a parade and each year the Vadnais Heights Fire Department makes Booya, a soup that is usually made in very large quantities in big iron cauldrons. It takes a least a day to cook and I look forward to eating it each year. I met my family up at the community park for the day, eating, drinking, watching the kids play, playing bingo and just relaxing. There isn't much to do for an adult other than just hang out and watch a band, (this year a Beatles tribute band) visit the craft booths or watch the kids. I watched my nephews play on all the inflated equipment. Eating the food made me excited for the fair, especially the corn on the cob, my favorite. I played one round of bingo and almost won the cover all. One number left....and my favorite number I-21.



Keith

Hunter


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Nice pics of the boys.