Monday, August 24, 2009

Vikings!

THE season has arrived. Football season! M and I went to see the Vikes play their first preseason home game against the Kansas City Chiefs. We had a great crew out there with us for a preseason game including Jim, Lorrie, Chad, Tyler, Staci, Kay, Loren and Joe. We headed out to parking lots around 3 pm and ate a little, drank a little and had tons of fun. M and I had to leave the group a little earlier than normal so we could pick up our Miller Lite suite tickets that I won in Mankato. The suite was fun. We had free beer and free food and they played games for prizes. We each left with a nice Miller Lite/Vikings glass. It was so WEIRD to see Brett Favre take the field as a Viking! The crowd cheered him and I was relieved as I just wasn't sure how the crowd would react. On the other hand, the crowd booed Tarvaris Jackson and that pissed me off. I get angry when anyone from the Vikings gets booed at games and I yell at people to stop booing their own team! The Vikings won 17-13 with Tarvaris at QB most of the game. He did a great job, with a perfect QB passer rating of 158.3! Even though it seems pretty grim that Jackson will remain on the team, his stock has just gone up for the teams that the Vikings are shopping him around to.

Anytime you are going to the game, contact us and come party with us. We're always out there!


They make mini Newcastle kegs!
Michael and his nephew Chad
The girls-Staci, Kay, Me, Lorrie
Who is that masked man?
We saw all different kinds of Favre shirts/jerseys



What's that? Oh, you want to know what VIP looks like? That's right, we are VIP. Word to your mutha.

Our seats from inside the suite
There's this guy named Favre that started for us. Ever heard of him?

Touchdown!

M, Viktor and Me



3 comments:

Ang said...

You are so funny girl! want to see what a VIP looks like? LOL, love it!

My friends and I are hoping to make it down for some tailgating this year (even if we don't make it to the game)... so I'll have to find you!

Jamie said...

Love it Dana! Tis the season :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Sweet seats in the sweet suite!! LOL