The zoo was closed but we did get to see the monkeys
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Paolo Nutini at the Zoo
On Monday night, M and I went to see Paolo Nutini at the MN Zoo. You might know him for his songs, "New Shoes" and "Jenny Don't Be Hasty". We bought our tickets back in May for this show and was excited all summer for the day to finally arrive. Tickets for this show were going for six times the cost of the original ticket price. When he first got on stage, I immediately thought that he was drunk or on something but after a song or two, I'm pretty sure he was sober. He was just that into the music. I can't say his show is what I expected but he is a true musician. He is from Scotland and has a very heavy Scottish accent. His first album, all songs written by him by age 18, was a great album. His second album (he's now 22 years old) is a complete mix of Ska, Raggae, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Country, etc. He played just a few songs from the first album but mostly from his new album, which we don't have yet and then at least a couple covers. He did a fantastic version of The Coasters, Down in Mexico. We recorded it but with the speaker too close to us, it sounds scratchy so I won't post my version but here's a version from YouTube. If you do watch the video, right around the 2 minute mark is where I remember just being so into the song and as you can tell, so is he. If you haven't seen a concert at the zoo before, I highly recommend it. This was my only 4th concert here in 12 years but I love the venue.
Labels:
Concerts and Shows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks fun! I like when those monkeys eat the bugs out of eachother's fur :) Gross, I know.
Post a Comment