Wednesday, April 24th was the night I was supposed to have dinner with Tanya. That still happened but just not at the place we decided to go.
I had a conversation with one of my coworker's that afternoon asking him if he had ever had Ethiopian food. He hadn't and when I told him where we were going that evening, he gave me a look. He used to work for the city of Minneapolis in zoning/ordinance and that restaurant struck a chord with him and what was reported at that restaurant. We'll leave it at that but we decided not to go there. We already had our reservations about going there in the first place so this new nugget of info made the decision easy.
We ended up at our good 'ol reliable, Ecopolitan, a vegan, raw, gluten-free and organic restaurant. I started out with a smoothie, Tanya had a juice and we had zucchini hummus and flax crackers for an appetizer. She ordered a salad and I was feeling daring and ordered the "Surprise Me" option on the menu. It was a dill "fettuccine alfredo" using zucchinis as noodles and cashews for the cream sauce with flax crackers on the side. It was pretty good but a little too onion-y for me. I'm not a fan of raw onions.
We already have our plan for our next outing in May and while it's ethnic, it's not Ethiopian.
 |
| Apple Pie Smoothie and Beet Juice |
 |
| Our appetizer |
 |
| Tanya's salad |
 |
| My fettuccine alfredo |
 |
| Creepy, beautiful tree |
No comments:
Post a Comment