The last Alphabet Gang get together was November 27th. It was the first time I went out with any of my friends after my dad died. After going out, I think I realized I still wasn't ready for social interaction. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten together since then until Wednesday, May 1st. We actually had plans the last week of April but due to crazy snow, we cancelled...just like we did back in February. The forecast for May 1st was a lot of snow, like 3-6 inches in the Twin Cities but it never came. Some flurries and a little rain but it stayed to the south. Owatonna ended up getting 16 inches of snow!
We went to Ginger Hop in NE Mpls which was the original place we decided in February. Two of our gang members were unable to meet so it was just five of us. We had great conversations catching up for the last months and months since we met and my friend Catha announced that she is pregnant. She's had a horrible time with pregnancies, with this time being her 4th time being pregnant, however they only have one child. This is their last time trying and all early indications look great.
Some of the girls had been to Ginger Hop before this was my first time there. I'm the one that suggested the place as it's been on my radar for years. They appeared to have good happy hour food specials but I ordered the pineapple fried rice with ahi tuna. I loved the rice but I think it would have been just great without the tuna, even though I liked it.
It felt so good getting together with my pals after such a long intermission. We have a May date set with a little bit different activity so let's hope there's no need for cancellations.
We went to Ginger Hop in NE Mpls which was the original place we decided in February. Two of our gang members were unable to meet so it was just five of us. We had great conversations catching up for the last months and months since we met and my friend Catha announced that she is pregnant. She's had a horrible time with pregnancies, with this time being her 4th time being pregnant, however they only have one child. This is their last time trying and all early indications look great.
Some of the girls had been to Ginger Hop before this was my first time there. I'm the one that suggested the place as it's been on my radar for years. They appeared to have good happy hour food specials but I ordered the pineapple fried rice with ahi tuna. I loved the rice but I think it would have been just great without the tuna, even though I liked it.
It felt so good getting together with my pals after such a long intermission. We have a May date set with a little bit different activity so let's hope there's no need for cancellations.
| Our one and only pic |
No comments:
Post a Comment