Friday, May 17, 2013

Alex Clare

M and I went to see Alex Clare for his sold out show at the Varsity Theater in Minneapolis on Sunday, May 5th.  Hours leading up the show, I asked M, is Alex Clare black?  I always guess where I think artists are from and I guessed New York or New Jersey.

Wrong.


Alex Clare is white.  He's from England.  And he's a ginger.


Finding that out just hours before you see him is weird.  We've been listening to him since September 2011 and it never occurred to me that he'd be white and foreign.

Anyways, we had tickets for the reserved mezzanine for this show.  Actually it's the first time we've been up there at the Varsity.  It was pretty nice for us old folk to be able to have a seat to park our booties.

The show was amazing.  I actually have become to hate the word amazing (which is sad) because it is soooooo overused.  Sorry people, everything can't be amazing.  But really, Alex Clare, his voice and performance are pretty amazing.  I knew the show would be good but I didn't really have that high of hopes or expectations.  Mr. Clare, you've proved me wrong.

Ok, for those that don't know who Alex Clare is, maybe this 1 minute commercial and his song will ring a bell?



Here's another good one:



My video from the night: 























No comments: