Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Family Holiday Dinner

Last Friday, we met with my dad's side of the family for our holiday gathering.  Typically we would meet at someone's house to eat and mingle.  This year, we decided to go out to dinner instead.  My aunt chose Donatelli's in White Bear Lake as our destination.

Donatelli's just underwent an expansion which gives more room to the tons of people that wait to eat there.  We luckily had reservations, which you would expect for a party about 20 on a Friday night.  Multiple people in our party hadn't been there before but knew of the place since it's been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network. They have great food so make your way there if you've never been.

It was fun catching up with everyone and seeing everyone for the first time since my dad's funeral. I know he was there with us in spirit though.  Actually, he really was there.  I brought of a pouch of my dad's ashes to give to my uncle.  We have different plans and ideas as to where we will scatter and spread some of my dad's ashes in 2013.  I hope my uncle's plan(s) works!  It wasn't until after I came home that I wished we would have had a toast in honor of my dad. He'd be happy to know we were all together that night.

Here's the picture our server took.  It's really hard to see everyone.  


M took this picture and it's the better of the two.  It's a little easier to see everyone and they're easily identified.  There will be a quiz at a later date.  


John, sorry we didn't get a picture with you in it.  Jen/Lainey, we missed you two! 

Special thanks to my aunt and uncle for the homemade vanilla extract.  I'm excited to use it!

My cats may have chewed and played with the raffia a bit






No comments: