
Here are my resolutions from last year. How did I do?
Blog Makeover: SUCCESS. I changed my blog layout in 2012 to one that I enjoyed for the year. I have already changed my layout for 2013 as I get bored with it and need to change it every now and then.
Health: SUCCESS. I accomplished a lot in the eating department and how good I eat. I did eat unhealthy at times during the year, particularly when my dad was sick and taking care of myself wasn't a priority from me. My eating lifestyle has changed quite a bit. While I don't consider myself a full-blown vegan, I do enjoy a mostly vegan lifestyle. I started exercising in the Spring and going to Zumba multiple times a week but then again, when my dad got sick, I didn't care about myself anymore. I have since started going back to the gym since December 3rd.
Not Weigh Myself: FAIL. I'm too curious and it's always been an obsession. I think it always will be.
Facebook: FAIL. I was supposed to be more interactive on FB but I'm going to give myself a fail on that one. I guess I don't enjoy FB that much. So much drama, bragging, bitching, politics that I choose not to participate much.
See a Broadway Play: FAIL. I failed on purpose on this one. There were a couple of plays in May/June but I didn't have much interest after all. It wasn't until December that the next Broadway play I had interest in was here and with the holidays and a very short run, it was too hard to make the commitment.
Birthday Cards: SEMI-FAIL. I started off good and you'll see there's a theme going on. When my dad got sick, I probably didn't even realize when someone's birthday was.
Dinners with my Sister: FAIL. I'm going to give her the blame for this one. We did make it out a couple of times without kids or partners though.
Organization: SUCCESS. I love organization and while I have a lot of stuff, I'll always be organized and constantly getting rid of stuff and organizing some more.
What are my resolutions for 2013?
- Go to Chicago. It's ridiculous that I haven't been there in over 9 years considering how much I like that city and how close it is.
- Take an out-of-state road trip. The longest road trip I've ever been on is to the Black Hills in South Dakota. I want to take a road trip or equal or longer length. This will be pending on M's PTO schedule.
- Spend more time with my nephews Keith and Colton. Keith is at a fun age right now to interact with and Colton is getting older where he's starting to talk more.
- Try not to be a backseat driver. This one will be really hard and I really think I'm helping the driver and it does come from a good place but apparently I'm not helping. I know this because M seemed to want to punch me in the face recently while in the car and it's not the first time it's happened. Sorry, M.
- Introduce my mom to new things. I can only do as much as she wants to do but I'm hoping she'll get to experience some new adventures this year.
- Get engaged. I know I have no control over this one but I feel like it's now time that I care about it more than I have before.
- Take care of myself in every.which.way.
I wish you all a wonderful 2013.
6 comments:
p.s. You’ve done a excellent job keeping your 2012 resolutions. One can’t do it all, and it’s my opinion that your “failures” just aren’t that important, with the exception of dinners with J. Keep working on that one! :) As for 2013? Good ones! (And may I suggest Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park for your road trip? A mere 16 hours from home!)
p.s.s. I love the blog makeover. Fun wallpaper! I read through an RSS reader, and this is the first time I’ve seen it. I’ve been missing out!
I cannot beLIEVE there are no comments on this post. Why, #6 of your 2013 resolutions, alone, should have sparked an avalanche! AREN'T YOU PEOPLE READING CAREFULLY? Yes, get engaged! In fact, why don't you two wonderful-people-who-belong-together go alllll the way and get married in 2013? I'm going out today to buy a new dress!
I'd love to go to RMNP/Estes Park! That sounds perfect and we might need to think about that one. I'm ready to get married in 2013 too! LOL...seriously there is no need for a long engagement. And as far as engagement, it will happen. It's just a matter of when. We've talked about it enough. Hold off on the dress though. ;)
Dana, I love reading your blog! It keeps me up to date with your lives, even though I should make a point to do more with you and M. And what's wrong with YOU proposing to HIM?? Just a thought.....I would LOVE to have you for a sister!
Kim, I would never propose to M. I'm comfortable where things are now and we will get married. I'm just ready for it to happen now. And you and I are sisters already. :)
Post a Comment