On the day that we buried my dad, that evening, I started to watch the TV series, Mad Men. If you've seen the first episode, it was quite ironic that I decided to watch the series on that day. Mad Men would be a comfort to me during the next six weeks that it would take me to watch the entire series spanning five seasons.
I have wanted to watch the series for quite some time but from February through July this year, we watched the series, Lost. From there we had to catch up with Breaking Bad's latest season and then Dexter was released on DVD so there was no additional time for Mad Men.
I watched more television than I thought I would in 2012. I enjoyed it but I don't think 2013 will be a repeat, however I say that on the heels of season three of Downton Abbey, which starts this Sunday. Mamamouse, are you going to watch?
If you don't know what Mad Men is, it's about advertising executives in the 1960's on Madison Avenue in New York City. How accurate it is? I don't know, but there's a lot of drinking on the job, cheating on wives, men putting women "in their place", politics and current events and women trying to make their mark in the world.
Then there's Don Draper, Jon Hamm's character. I never thought Jon Hamm was attractive. After watching the series, I no longer can make that statement. Don Draper is sexy, an asshole, sensitive, a drunk and charming all wrapped into one.
A lot of critics and people say it is the best show ever. I think the story lines are decent and there are several great actors in the show which I enjoy but I can't say it's the best show ever. What do you think? Have you watched an episode or the entire series?
![]() |
| Via |

3 comments:
Lol, Dana, you got me! When I read your blog, I often have a comment. But, since it's a little cumbersome to make one through my RSS reader, I too often put it off, fully intending to do it later. Sometimes, I even do it!!! I promise to be more diligent - THAT is my New Year's resolution! ;) As for Downton Abbey, I. cannot. wait. I've been avidly avoiding reading anything about it since spoilers abound. I'll be plopped on the sofa Sunday evening at 7:59 p.m. CDT. It's a good thing the Border Battle is on Saturday evening!!!
I appreciate your new resolution! No conflict with D.A. this Sunday but come the 20th and Super Bowl Sunday, this girl is going to have to figure something out for football and the Crawleys. :) I'm old school without a DVR. Maybe it will be available right away online.
Kaylah and I just started watching lost.. we only have a few episodes left.
Post a Comment