Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Rain

You wouldn't expect Thursday, January 10th to have any other weather than snow or just plain cold.  Instead, it was raining and in the high 30's.

I met Tanya in the pouring rain on Lyndale Avenue in front of our dinner destination, Ecopolitan.  We were both looking forward to going there as we hadn't been there since last May.  When we arrived at the door, this is what we saw:


We tried to hurry up and think of an alternative place to go while standing in the rain and decided on Roat Osha.  I had been there one time before but it was years ago.  


I had the Pad Pak Raumid (broccoli, cauliflower, celery, green beans, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, onions, cabbage, tomatoes, pea pods and bell peppers with a side of rice) and it great.  I ordered it to include mock duck (wheat gluten known as seitan) but I wish I just would have kept it with just veggies.  


Since we got a late start and then a change in plans, we didn't get to spend too much time with each other but still had a couple of hours to catch up since we hadn't seen each other since Madonna in November. 

Roat Osha made a great replacement but hoping Tanya and I can get to Ecopolitan together again soon, even though I do already have another friend date scheduled for there in February so I know it won't be long for me.

Lots of cropping since the hostess took the photo from so far away

   

No comments: