Monday, February 3, 2014

2014 Resolutions

It's kind of comical that I am just doing my New Year's Resolutions now but I haven't been consistent with blogging. Maybe that will just be one of my resolutions.

 

Ok, let's start!

 

1) Establish daily routines. We all have daily routines but I want to refine mine. There are a few things I want to incorporate into my life that will enhance it in the long-term. One thing is exercise. I'm just so bad at making time to lift some weights, do some kettle bells or some yoga. I need to make time for this stuff if I want to grow old in a healthy way. I do so many other healthy things so this is a must.

 

2) Develop my oil business. I am a distributor of Young Living essential oils and have been since April 2013. I've off to a great start already for 2014 and I want to continue to develop by trying new methods of getting the word out there and marketing myself and the oils. Social media is great for this kind of stuff but it's not the only option. If anyone has interest in learning more about the oils and their natural health benefits, contact me.

 

3) Travel out of state. I really enjoy traveling but M and I but we're somewhat limited to traveling due to work schedules for certain times of the year and for time off and sometimes money. I established a savings account for a vacation this past year and I feel so great knowing the money is there waiting for when we decide to go. Traveling out of state this year has to be more than going to Wisconsin. I'd really like to go to Colorado soon and maybe we'll see the Vikings on the road again somewhere.

 

4) Take care of myself. I think by establishing a routine that I want to adhere to this will help me take care of myself. I've already made some changes this year that I'm excited about and I've already seen and felt the results. After just having a birthday, my mindset has changed or evolved and you start thinking differently about how you are treating yourself and your body. I do a lot to help my body already but there's always room for improvement. We're all works in progress.

 

5) Blog more consistently. I will blog 10 days in a row and then you'll be lucky to hear from me one time in two weeks. I mostly blog when I feel like it and I like to do that but I want to build time into my schedule to allow that to happen on a more frequent basis, such as every other day. I think I get frustrated at times when I see how many visitors I have coming to my blog and the lack of comments and that discourages me. Then I remember, I write this blog for ME. You guys as my readers are super appreciated, but a bonus.

 

I think about the resolutions I've made and I am lucky that I have a great life. A life where my "problems" or things I need to work on are tiny in the scheme of everything else. That boils down to attitude. You can feel sorry for yourself and the things you are going through or you can pick yourself up and tackle it head on. It's your choice.

I read a good piece of advice before 2014 rang in and it was about goals. If you haven't already ditched your resolutions for this year, this will help. Statistically speaking, you probably have but whether you have or have not, this is a great perspective that might be new for us. We all have goals. We focus on the end result and declare what we want but we don't focus on the process. Focus on the process. Focus on the part you need to do daily to acheive your goal. If your goal is to save money, make sure you pay attention every time you are going to whip out money to pay for something. Is it a necessity? Will you be further from your goal if you make that purchase? Let's say you want to lose 25 lbs by June. You need to focus on the daily part and the process of each day to June, one day at a time. You need to think about whether a cupcake will hurt you or help you. If it hurts, then maybe you need to move more that day or just skip it. I know, this all sounds simple and maybe it is but it's a different perspective that most of us don't look at. Focus on the process. The goal should come by default.

 

No comments: