Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Twins Vs. White Sox

M and I went to the Twins game on Monday night against the hated White Sox. We were sitting in my company's seats, so of course they were great. In case you didn't know, I work for a Pohlad company. The game was great and exciting too. Gomez was up to bat and he swung at a pitch and the bat flew out of his hands and into the crowd about 12 rows in just above the Twins dugout. It was only about 25 feet away from us. After he got a new bat, he swung and the bat cracked into 2 huge pieces and the bat is flying towards the shortstop and he has to think so quickly that he ends up going for the piece of bat rather than the ball so Carlos Gomez gets on base. In the top of the 9th, Carlos Quentin hits a deep ball off Joe Nathan and Denard Span makes an awesome catch that looked like it should have been a home run and the Twins ended up winning 4-3. It's been a long time since I've seen a Twins win in person.

My new haircut. I raced and got it cut before the game.

32 games left in the dome.....EVER!
Our hometown buddy (and Ang's man), Joe Mauer
My buddy Joe Nathan--He's on my fantasy baseball team

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I can sort of tell you got it cut...need to see it in person. I haven't been to a Twins game at all this year :(

Ang said...

yum!

love Twins games!