Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weekend Recap July 17-19

Friday: M and I went to Acme Comedy Club to see Emo Philips. M has seen him before and I was thinking I would be annoyed by his fake falsetto voice, which he uses on stage but it wasn't irritating for more than a minute. He was hilarious. His humor is the type where he will say something and it totally goes in the wrong direction where you didn't expect him to say that. One of his jokes went something like this: I went out on a first date but I don't think I'll be seeing her again. She got mad when I didn't open the car door. I just swam to the surface.

My drink at Acme: A Bomb Pop--Tasted just like one!


Saturday: We didn't do much all day. We were supposed to go on the motorcycle ride for the Vikings Ride for Life but I wasn't feeling very well. I ended up sleeping away most of the afternoon and we watched movies at night. It's been a while since we had a weekend day that we weren't running around so it was nice to relax and do nothing.

Sunday: We went to Midtown Global Market in Minneapolis late Sunday morning. We had never been there before but somewhere I've wanted to go for quite some time. The place was very interesting and surprise, cultural. There were many different food vendors and shops to go to. M ate at Jakeeno's and I ate at Holy Land. I love that place! I took a couple of pictures of the place but it was hard to get a good perspective unless you've been there.

I woke up a little crabby on Sunday morning. M realized while we were eating that my shirt was inside out, which was our analogy why I was crabby. Once my shirt was on normal, my attitude changed and the day was good!


My banana flavored Italian Ice


We ended up coming home and taking out the bike. It was the first time I had been on the bike in a week since we got back from our trip. We rode down to Stillwater and through Hudson, WI. We hung out and walked on the boardwalk/pier. We saw a guy that was passed out on a park bench and I was seriously thought he was dead. He did not move at all and when we came back about 20 minutes later, he was in the exact same position. Only when we were leaving and literally driving past him did I see him move his arm to his face. It made me feel so much better. M wanted to take a picture of him earlier but I wouldn't let him because I would have felt horrible if he really was dead!


Click on the picture to see the dog



3 comments:

Ang said...

love the picture of your drink (@Acme), that looks and sounds delicious!

what a great weekend - inside out shirts make me crabby too!! ;)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

You're always having so much fun! I need to get ton Stillwater this summer when I get back into town, its been too long!

Julie said...

Your drink looks awesome!

Say... You had posted a while back about a restaurant you went to which you paid $40.00 or $50.00 (I don't remember the exact price) to get in. It had a huge salad bar and then the waiters came around with all sorts of meat. What was the name of that place?