In M and I's quest to see a comedian every month, we went and saw Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter at the Pantages Theater last Thursday. They have a show on Comedy Central called Michael and Michael Have Issues, which I've never seen. I actually won the tickets through The Onion. If you watch VH1, you will know Michael Ian Black. He's been a few Sierra Mist commercials too. I picked up the tickets at will call and was surprised when we were seated on the main level, center section, row 7. They were good seats but if you've been to the Pantages, they are all good seats. There wasn't that many people there. The ticket prices were steep, almost $30. The show itself had it's funny parts but some of it was so far out. There were some scripted parts but I think a lot of it is improvised as both Michaels are on the stage with each other and they just feed off one another. You could meet the Michael's after the show but I just snapped a quick picture while they were signing autographs. Before the show, M and I ate at Hopscotch Grill inside Gameworks on Block E. There was hardly anybody in there but my sandwich was super good. We drove down Hennepin to get there from Washington. Remember Hennepin and First Avenue are both two-way streets now! It was so weird driving that way down Hennepin! I think it's been a one-way since at least 1993 when I started driving down there.
3 comments:
Great shots inside the theater! And I have not yet been downtown since they made the switch, but I bet it is very weird!!
Sounds like fun.
Is there anything you guys don't do? I love reading your blog Dana, you and M are always doing something exciting. =)
Post a Comment