After the show, M and I headed west to Eden Prairie for a late dinner at Wildfire. We first visited Wildfire for my birthday in January and it has become a favorite place for us, despite this only being our second visit. We had filet mignon and it was fantastic. We also shared a dessert that came with my dinner that was chocolate, warm and rich. Yum!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Joseph Arthur
M and I went on Thanksgiving weekend to see one of our favorite artists, Joseph Arthur. That is the first concert that M and I went to as a couple back in November 2004. Since then, we've seen him numerous times either solo or with a band. We prefer his solo music to his music with the band The Lonely Astronauts so we were excited when we got to see him in an intimate location, just him. The concert was at Bryant Lake Theater, which is attached to Bryant Lake Bowl, in Uptown. While I have been to BLB before, I had never seen a show there but knew the theater was small. Small?! Once arrived, it was a like a closet! It was much smaller than I thought it would be, which was just perfect for the musician we were about to see. I counted the number of seats while we were waiting for the show to start and I think it was around 75 seats or slightly less. He played for about 1 hour and 40 minutes and the show was very good. We got to talk to him and take a picture with him after the show. We had met him before years ago after another one of his shows. He audio records most of his shows and you can purchase the live show right after the concert is complete, which we did. His music can be very inspiring and depressing at the same time, but nonetheless emotional, regardless of what emotion. If you are looking for a good singer/songwriter who has battled and combated drugs and alcohol and has found God in his life, you should check out Joseph Arthur, his music and his art.





After the show, M and I headed west to Eden Prairie for a late dinner at Wildfire. We first visited Wildfire for my birthday in January and it has become a favorite place for us, despite this only being our second visit. We had filet mignon and it was fantastic. We also shared a dessert that came with my dinner that was chocolate, warm and rich. Yum!

After the show, M and I headed west to Eden Prairie for a late dinner at Wildfire. We first visited Wildfire for my birthday in January and it has become a favorite place for us, despite this only being our second visit. We had filet mignon and it was fantastic. We also shared a dessert that came with my dinner that was chocolate, warm and rich. Yum!
Labels:
Concerts and Shows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yummo
Post a Comment