M and I went to Target Field to see the Twins play the Tampa Bay Rays. The game did not have much action as Rays scored one run in the 1st inning and did not score for the rest of the game. The Twins didn't score until the 7th inning but the two runs they did have were enough to win the game. Fortunately, M and I saw a win. Unfortunately, that was the only win the Twins would get from the Rays during that series.
Nice hair. It was really windy.
There were fireworks that started 15 minutes after the game. The show lasted for about 15 minutes with music playing along to the fireworks. It was fun to be at the field when it was completely dark.
Saturday, July 3rd:
M and I didn't have any plans for the whole day which is odd for us so we just decided to go for a late breakfast. We then drove out the Grand Avenue area where Grand Ole Creamery was calling M's name so he had to have some honey ice cream.
As we got home, we drove the motorcycle through our yard to the back where there is a pond. The yard is an acre and we didn't want to walk back there. So what, we were lazy! On our way back to the garage, I tap M on the shoulder and point. There were two fawns sitting in the shade of the tree. They were so cute! Of course we were quiet and they just sat there looking at us. We assumed the mother was not far and probably in the trees along the sides of the yard. We parked the motorcycle in the garage and walked out into the yard to take pictures and video of these guys, staying at a far enough distance. It's rare to see fawns, especially in our location so it was such a highlight for us animal lovers.
Click on these guys to see how cute they are!
Later, we took a motorcycle ride and hang a couple of fliers for the Cherry Ride. (Details coming soon) We first went to Neumann's in North St. Paul and then to the American Legion in Hugo, where I ran into a guy friend from high school. It always happens when I don't have makeup on...oh and being hot and sweaty and smelling like the open road from being on the bike too. On our way back home, we saw another deer in a neighborhood by a golf course. He was eating from an apple tree and was on its hind legs taking from the tree. I couldn't get a picture of that but I did get a picture with its tongue out.
We took a nap after the ride and then headed out later in the evening to go to American Burger Bar in downtown St. Paul. I had never been there before but M had been there two times and liked it. He had ordered the Kobe beef burger both times before and we both decided to get it. Kobe beef is the most expensive type of beef in the world. It comes from a Japanese breed of cattle called Wagyu. The Kobe beef we had was American as it is much cheaper due to location costs, however our burger was still $14 each. There's much to read on this type of cattle. If raised in Japan, each cow gets a beer daily, along with a massage and sake brushed all over their hair. Some American beef producers do this and some do not. Anyways, Google for more info if you're interested. As for the taste, it was distinct to me, however I cannot really describe it. M says he doesn't really taste much of a difference other than it's more tender. I agree that it seems more tender but the best way I can describe the taste is that it was more bold than the beef I've had before. And honestly, I like the regular old beef better than the Kobe beef, however I still enjoyed the experience...oh, except for the bug in my glass of water.
We had parked a few blocks away from the restaurant so we walked back past Candyland. M needed a few caramel covered marshmallows and I needed a toffee covered pretzel.
Some interesting graffiti on a wall on our way to the restaurant
The Landmark Center
Sunday, July 4th:
We ventured to my Aunt Terri and Uncle Ken's house in Somerset, Wisconsin for a party. The day was very hot. It wasn't too sunny but the air was so stagnant and humid. We spent some time indoors eating and outdoors playing games and exploring around their hobby farm. They found a kitten on in a tree on their property just recently. They've kept it but was going to take it to a no-kill animal shelter the next day unless someone in our party wanted to take it home. This kitty was so cute and had such beautiful markings. After much conversation with M, we decided not to take the kitten, however both wanted to very much.
The People and Games
The group that was out in the heat-The rest were inside
The Land
Due to traffic, we were in a rush to get back to the cities to see fireworks. Unfortunately, we weren't able to go to our normal spot in downtown St. Paul so we ended up going to an overlook just behind the Capitol to see the same show from a different perspective. There were hundreds of people up there but there was plenty of room for us. Once the fireworks started, we realized it was not going to be a great show. Some of the fireworks were too low or barely cleared the St. Paul skyline. I was bummed but glad I could be there with my honey. I realized for next year that I need to be right in the center of action so I can see those fireworks explode from right above me and my heart can pound to the loud boom of the colorful display.
Monday, July 5th:
We didn't do much this day. The weather was hot and humid again but it became a rainy afternoon, which gave me many hours to catch up on all my posts on the blog! I've written a lot in the past week!
1 comment:
what a lucky find with those fawns!! Sounds like a great weekend!!
Post a Comment