Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm Sick

I caught M's cold.  I'm on day 3 and I'm miserable. I'm so sick that my hair hurts.  Have you ever had that?  I started to get it on Thursday while at work and I decided it was best to take Friday off so yesterday I unfortunately woke up in the 6 am hour, got up and headed to the couch where I watched some news, took some pills and drank a smoothie, finished a book, slept for less than an hour, ate some garlic rice noodle soup, pita chips and hummus and watched Breakfast at Tiffany's before M got home from work.  I had never seen the movie before and it was not what I had expected.  I had never seen an Audrey Hepburn movie before.  She was beautiful in the movie and her costar George Peppard was very handsome and I was surprised to learn that he is the same guy who was "Hannibal" in the A-Team series from the '80's.  Weird.  She died in 1993 and he died in 1994, both in their early 60's, from cancer and pneumonia, respectively.  Tell me, have you seen this movie?  

Back to being sick. I went to sleep for a couple of hours, had another smoothie (thank you Blendtec) and then stayed up with M until 1 am, talking, listening to music and finally, reading a magazine.  Hoping to turn the proverbial corner tomorrow!

Breakfast of Champions Sickies

4 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I hate being sick!! Hope you feel better soon :)

Lisa Sack said...

at least you dont have a kid in daycare... they bring home everything and we are sick alot over here because of it. Even Justin who hardly ever gets sick, is sick alot.

Jamie said...

Bummer, sickness sucks! And yes, daycare will do that.

Ang said...

I just watched that movie this year for the first time - Netflix Streaming at it's best - also not what I expected. I went back and forth on if i should keep watching or turn it off... I guess it pulled me in enough, because I finished watching. She is beautiful - that's for sure. The movie though... I guess it's been hyped up so much, I expected more... not bad, just not what I hoped for.
Hope you are feeling better now!!