The last Saturday of every month (at least in the no-so-good weather months) is Scotch Doubles at Flaherty's. We met Kim, Greg, Ray, Dolly, Anna, Greg and Chris and Tanya there for about 3 hours of bowling. I hadn't seen Greg and Anna since the fall and I hadn't seen Chris since October and Tanya since the summer! It was an awesome and fun way to see everyone again. It was Chris and Tanya's first time playing Scotch Doubles and they bowled a 252 on one of their games and Greg and Anna got a 256! Our best game was 196. They take the best of 5 games and the 1st-4th place gets money as well as 3 other random places. We came in 20th out of 28th but Tanya and Chris and Greg and Anna both won $5 on the random place prize. Another game we play while bowling is poker. Each couple puts in $2 and for every spare or strike you get, you can take a card. If you have more than 5 cards at the end of each game, you can only use 5 cards to make a hand and the best poker hand wins the pot. M and I won twice on the pot. If you don't really take bowling that seriously and want to have lots of fun with a group of people, it's a perfect activity.
| The group with our new friends and bowling neighbors Randy and Amber |
1 comment:
Trying this again....
I went bowling on my birthday for the first time in ten years and I SUCK!!! My final score was 72 (with two strikes!!). Ouch. I better practice
Post a Comment