Monday, September 3, 2012

Indeed Brewing Tour

For our August edition of a local brewery tour, we went to the newly opened Indeed Brewing Company in Northeast Minneapolis on Saturday, August 25th.  Indeed had just opened up three weeks prior to our visit but when we arrived for the 2 pm tour, the place was packed with patrons sitting at the bar and tables on a rainy Saturday afternoon.  Not everyone was there for a tour but rather just hang out and drink the afternoon away.  The tour was about 30 minutes long.  I don't learn too much about the beer making process on these tours anymore but more about the business itself.  Indeed has 13,000 sf of space with room for expansion.  This was one of the bigger breweries we've toured and it was especially different because of the way the space is laid out.  I liked the character of this place more than any other brewery I've been to.

After the tour M tried a couple of their beers.  The one thing that was different than any tour we've been on yet is that the beer was not free to sample.  They were $3.50 a piece for a small beer and so I just had sips of M's.  At this point they only have 2 beers as they just started brewing this summer.  Day Tripper and Midnight Ryder are their offerings so far.

The brewery itself is in a good location, NE Mpls, in the Art District.  In addition to the taproom and tours, they also have a patio with picnic tables and a different food truck that comes every Saturday. For our Saturday, we had Potter's Pasties & Pies food truck there.  I was really looking forward to eating a pastie and I ordered one and brought it home for dinner.  When I decided to eat it, I found out they gave me the wrong kind!  I was so bummed and made my way through the one I now know is called The Pig, which consisted of braised pulled pork, apples, onions and coriander.  That one would have been my last choice but they made a mistake so there wasn't anything I could do about it.

If you get a chance to go to Indeed, it's a good time whether or not you decide to go on the tour.  












Outside one of the art buildings


No comments: