Fast forward as an adult and I still like the "holiday". I like to go out to dinner or have a nice dinner at home with M and celebrate each other but I never expect gifts, even though I usually get something, and M has been more than generous throughout the years. We will be going out to dinner this weekend at a place we have made our tradition. I know M goes along with the whole Valentine's thing for me because I do like it but with our latest tradition, I think he enjoys Valentine's Day more now than ever because we do something he really loves. I'll blog more on that after the weekend.
Despite the fact that I like V-Day, I believe it is all hype and I feel it's gotten worse in the recent years. I feel like society makes the guys feel like losers if they don't buy their significant other jewelry or flowers or candy. People say that V-Day is silly and that you should appreciate your significant other every day, not just that day. I agree, but not everyone does and it's nice to have a reminder. It is nice to have a day dedicated to relationships, of any kind, whether it's a dating relationship, marriage or just friends.
How do you feel about Valentine's Day? Have you always felt that way? Has anything significant ever happened to you on V-Day? How do you normally celebrate? Do you have plans for this Valentine's weekend?
I'll post other TFT blogs as they get posted.
3 comments:
I've never made a big deal out of Valentine's Day, but E and I have a tradition of going to Fuddruckers that day almost every year. Ang was with us at least 2 or 3 years that we have gone. Other friends are always welcome to join us too, it isn't a romantic event, just one that is fun, inexpensive and not too busy!
Valentine's Day has never been a big deal to me. I guess maybe WAY back in elementary school, when we decorated bags to sit on our desk for people to give us valentines...
Now that I'm older it's just another day to me, though, I wouldn't be opposed to being wined and dined (but that goes for any day of the year)!
Assuming Kristi and E go to the Fudd this year, I may join... you and M should come as well... it'd be a fun little time!
Now, off to email Kristi to see if they are going for sure!
Never have been a fan of Valentine's Day. Not really sure why. I am going to Vegas - I mean to see Elvis this weekend :) LOL!! You're missing out! Have fun at the castle of white.
Post a Comment