I went to the dentist Wednesday after work. Because of insurance reasons and not wanting to spend any money out of my own pocket and go to the dentist that I want to go to instead of insurance telling me of the dentists THEY want me to go to, I hadn’t been to the dentist since October 2007 just before I got laid off from my job. (What a run-on sentence!) They took x-rays and while I already knew that I have 1 impacted wisdom tooth (no, I’ve never had them removed), I also found out that I only have 3 wisdom teeth. The dentist said that some people do not get all of them and some get none at all. Besides the impacted one, which does not bother me in the slightest, the other 2 are only barely there.
Remember one of my New Year’s resolutions? It was to start flossing my teeth and get to the point where my gums don’t bleed after every time I do it as it was very infrequent. I floss almost every day now and it has become a habit. This is how the conversation went while I was there:
Dental Hygienist, Angela: Your gums look good. You must floss.
Dana: As of January 1st, yes, I do. That was one of my New Year’s resolutions.
Angela: That’s a weird resolution.
Ok, so the conversation didn’t go over as well as my flossing and the results of the flossing.
BTW, my gums do not bleed anymore when flossed. And I had no cavities! Woot! Woot! Time for some sugar!
And here’s my perfect segway to talk about David after Dentist. Did you watch the video? Isn’t it hilarious? It’s been talked about everywhere. The video went from 19,000 views to 1 million views in 1 day. Now it’s approaching 9 million views. And of course all the spoofs of the actual video are just as hilarious, including the audio from Christian Bale’s freak out on the set of a movie intertwined with David after Dentist. Go to YouTube and take a peek.
Have a good Valentine's Weekend!
3 comments:
I only had three wisdom teeth also, and had them all removed while they were still impacted (at age 15). I had to do it young before I had my mandibular osteotomy (major jaw surgery!)
I only had 2 of my wisdom teeth (does that mean I'm less smart than you and Kristi?) - both are gone now... thank the heavens!
and ummm... Way to go on the flossing... wish I could be that good about it!
btw- LOVE the new blog look!
Post a Comment