Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bye Bye, Jenni

Ok, so she's been gone for weeks already, but M and I went to send off our friend Jenni to the warmer climate of Florida on Saturday, December 12th. Jenni moved to Florida to start a new chapter of her life. She's lived there before and maybe she'll be back again but she joins many other family members that also live there. Jenni is my sister's best friend and has been since they were single digits. I've known Jenni just as long and we even worked together a few years ago and our parents still only live a couple of house away from each other.
She had a going away party at Major's in Apple Valley. When she originally planned the day, no one realized that the place would be packed and everyone would be trying to get the closest seat to all of the TV's surrounding the place showing the UFC fight. I don't like watching boxing or fighting but I think we all got sucked in a little bit that night. There is one thing that I hate when I watch UFC...the fighters are barefoot. I don't know why it bothers me but it does. I can't stand to watch the sight of their bare feet and kicking each other with them. I don't think feet are gross but I wish they would have shoes on. Anyways....Jenni was very loved that night. She had a great turnout of friends from high school and former coworkers. We're hoping to meet her for a lunch in Florida anytime that M and I are down there.

Don't forget to take note of the TV's in the background with the fights. There were TV's that far apart from each other all over the whole place.

Jamie, Jenni, Me
The girls and Jenni's "little" brother Jeff. I hadn't seen him for about 20 years!
That guy was so bloody. The ring was stained red afterwards.

3 comments:

Jenni Kessock said...

What a great night this was. Thank you for making the drive to say goodbye. It meant a lot. Hope to see you sooner than later. Love you, Dana! You're the "big sister" I never had. Thank you!

Jamie said...

Awe, that was a great night! MIss you Jenni!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I am sad that I didn't make it out to send Jenni off :(
Looks like you all had a lot of fun though!