We woke up Saturday with it being the last weekend we'd be spending in Florida for this trip. We ate at Iguana Mia, our favorite Florida Mexican restaurant for lunch. Michael was drinking his water and realized there was a bee in it! We're pretty sure it flew in there and wasn't served that way but our server was very nice about it and brought back a new glass of water and joked that he took the bee out. After lunch, we headed to play a game of mini-golf. We went to a different course than the one we went to as a big group. This course was really fun and actually difficult. M and I made a bet that the high scorer had to buy the next dinner. Well, that was me. M beat me but only by 2.
On Saturday night, we went to downtown Fort Myers to Spirit of Bacchus, a cigar bar. We settled on the comfy leather couch with a beer and glass of wine and relaxed. We sat there for quite some time and when we were ready to go, we were getting tired so we weren't up for much. We did go to another bar, within walking distance that had a band. The band wasn't the best but there were some characters there. There was one guy that reminded me of a nerdy Snoop Dogg that was there with his rainbow suspenders dancing the night away. I only got a picture of his back but I bet you can get the idea. I also saw something I didn't want to see there...boobs! The singer in the band was announcing some drink specials and there was a special for Slippery Nipples when a woman on the dance floor pulled down her shirt and gave us all a show indicating apparently what slippery nipples are. We headed back to M's parents house after the bar after an early night. We're in our 30's and we just can't hang as good as we used to.
Day 10:
Sunday was the Super Bowl. We didn't do much this day except wait for the Super Bowl to start. We watched TV on and off throughout the day and went to Books-A-Million (BAM) to browse for some books. I got 3 books that were $1 each. We had a small Super Bowl party at M's parents, which consisted of us 4 and their neighbor Joe. I wanted the Colts to win but it was the Saints year. The only pictures I took this day were of some one's chickens that run around in M's parents yard. M's dad now feeds them every day.
Day 11:
It's Monday and this was our last full day in Florida. The sun was out, partially but it wasn't very warm. Either way we decided to spend the last day on the beach. We went and ate at Beach Pierside Grill. We sat on the patio waiting for our food and reading our respective books. After lunch we walked down the beach settling on a place in the sand to read. Unfortunately we didn't stay for too long because it was just too cold. We bummed around the area and went shopping for some last minute souvenirs for my nephew.
Instead of driving right back to M's parent's house we drove south down the island to Bonita Springs. We just drove around and saw there was a state park down one of the roads so we took it. The houses on this road were incredible. I don't think I've ever been this close to mansions like this. There are signs that say you cannot stop on the side of the road because gawkers like us would be taking pictures but we still managed to get a few pictures while I was driving. I wonder what these people did/do for a living.
For our final dinner, we went to Fire Pit City Grill. And because I lost the mini-golf bet, I paid for it. It was a good ending to our vacation and I was ready to come home.
Day 12:
Woke up at 5:40 am and was out the door by 6 am to catch our 7:15 am flight. M and I had a great vacation together but there were some variables that could have been better, including the weather. M's mom said that this was the coldest winter they've had in 15 years. I was so happy to see my cats when I came home. I hate being away from them for longer than a few days. I was glad to be back home even with the piles of snow we got when were gone. Minnesota is home!
1 comment:
Loved seeing all your Florida pics Dana! Sucks the weather was so crappy but it sure looks like you still had a great time. :)
Post a Comment