Wednesday, March 31, 2010

They're Heeeerrrreeee.......

FINALLY, my Twins tickets arrived in the mail today. I was told that I would have them no later than last Saturday but later was told they didn't get mailed until Friday. Talk about cutting it close since I have tickets to Friday's exhibition game. Here's a look at the different ticket faces that I received.




When I was expecting my tickets to arrive on Saturday, a package came in the mail addressed to Michael so gave it to him and he handed it back to me. I opened it and I loved what I saw:





A Bert Blyleven jersey! I am very excited to have this jersey, not only because I've never owned a Twins jersey before, only t-shirts and a hoodie but because I love Bert. I was in the audience for a sports TV show that had a panel of athletes circa 2003, including Bert Blyleven and Jack Morris and I was approached in the audience by someone who worked on the show asking if I would be willing to come up with a question to ask any of the panelists while being on TV. I didn't really want to do it but I did anyways. After my question, which had something to do with the comparison of the current Twins team and one of the World Series teams (Hey, I was put on the spot), I asked Bert if he would circle me. He said that he didn't have his telestrator (the "Circle Machine") with him but he circled me with his finger in the air and said "You are hereby circled". I got to meet him after the show, which was very exciting to me. I told him that he reminded me of my dad and that I hope he wasn't offended by that. He asked how old I was and said he had a son around my age so that wasn't offensive to him. (Maybe he would have been offended if he had actually met my dad. Ha ha, just kidding Dad.)

And to top off this baseball post, we had our fantasy baseball draft last Saturday. Yours truly had the first pick in the draft and without hesitation, I chose Joe Mauer. Good catchers are hard to come by in the league so I hope my decision was a good one. Here's to a productive and healthy year, Joe Mauer!