The tour wasn't too much of a tour. I guess I wasn't sure what to have expected but it was done in what seemed like 20 minutes, which actually turned out to be a good thing. One of the things I learned was that it takes a certain number of years for the vines to become mature enough to use the grapes to make wine. I believe they started with the grapes in 2003 and this past September was the first year they were going to harvest them and use them, however because of a late frost, it wiped out their whole crop so they will hope for next year. The cheese and cracker tray was nothing special, although they did have a ginger and mango cheese that was kind of interesting. We were also given 5 wooden coins that allowed us to taste 5 different wines. If you live in Wisconsin or Minnesota, you may know two of their wines. The Wisconsin one is Cheesehead White, which has a small cheesehead as a topper in honor of the Packers and then there's Helga's Red, which has a helmet with horns on the top in honor of the Vikings. We had a fun time at the vineyard but probably would have enjoyed it more if it had been a month or two earlier.
| I'm thinking about purchasing this wine vest for M for Christmas. Looking good! |
We stopped at the overlook on Main Street right in town, which you can see the power plant and dam on the St. Croix River. Nothing too exciting.
We stopped in Marine on St. Croix to have a quick chocolate fix at the St. Croix Chocolate Company. We found out that on our fourth visit there, they've only been open since June and they say that business is better than expected. We each got two chocolates which again is probably the best chocolate I've ever had. But it's not cheap...$2 a piece.
We headed further back south to Stillwater where M had to go to Brine's for their famous Bloody Mary. He prefers non-alcoholic bloody's so that's what he chugged down in about five minutes and then we were back on the road to use another coupon.
Being that we'd already had some wine, a couple pieces of chocolate and a bloody, it was time to eat some food. We stopped at Dari-ette is St. Paul to eat. Again, this was a coupon that I had purchased on a coupon site in the summer which on that day if you used your Visa card to make the purchase, you got another gift certificate for free. We had already gone one time and we had to go again as they close November 12th for the season.
We came back home and took a nap. When we woke up, we went to Marcus Theatre in Oakdale to see a movie. I thought it would be perfect because even though it was Saturday night, it was the night before Halloween so many kids and adults would be at Halloween parties or doing some sort of Halloween activity which means that it would not be uber busy, which turned out to be true. Because it is the 75th anniversary of well, something, the price was $7.50 and each person got a popcorn and pop for free. We saw Hereafter. It's a movie directed by Clint Eastwood that has Matt Damon in it. I would say he stars in the film, however there was plenty of time he wasn't even in the movie. The movie started out very intense and had you on edge but after five minutes, it leveled off and somewhat dragged on to the point where we wondered how everything was going to come together in such a short period of time towards the end. If you haven't seen it and wondered about it, you're better off waiting for it to come out on DVD.
Another great day with M!
2 comments:
I feel like I'm having deja vu! LOL - sounds like a great time!
There are some really good photos in here. You should do Kristi's Photo Hunt again...I'm thinking about starting again.
Post a Comment