On the morning of Sunday, November 21st, it was very icy and extremely slippery. M slid and almost fell off our deck stairs and M's uncle Jim slipped and fell earlier that morning. My BIL slipped outside his door and broke two ribs. I'm glad we ended up riding with M's cousins Jim and Lorrie and uncle Jim in their truck to go tailgating that morning as we left the house a little before 8 am. We saw cars in the ditch on the way there and once we got to the parking lot, we all slipped right down the parking lot and when we got out of the car, the parking lot was sheer ice. Our friends Andrea and Brian met us there also and M's friend from high school met up with us for bit. Both M and Brian played human shuffleboard by running and slipping down the parking lot to try and not go past the marker they put up. M wanted me to record it so it was especially funny when I got him falling right on his butt. M didn't realize it at the time but everyone must have been watching them play because once he fell, the whole crowd around us yelled, "OH!!!!" in unison.
Instead of our usual burgers, brats, dogs-type tailgating food, we opted for breakfast. I made an egg bake early that morning and put it into an isolated heat bag to keep it warm. I also made apple cinnamon and chocolate chip muffins the night before. Jim and Lorrie made the hash browns, bacon and scrambled eggs and I brought the orange and grapefruit juice...of course vodka was added.
And that's about when the fun ended. As soon as we walked into the door of the Metrodome, we would watch a pathetic show by the Vikings which means that the Packers kicked our asses, 34-3. There was nothing fun about the game. Nothing exciting. The best part of inside the dome was probably at half time when John Randle was recognized for being inducted into the Football Hall of Fame a few months ago. I did zoom in and take a picture of coach Brad Childress though as I had a strong feeling that would be his last game as a Vikings head coach. The next day he was fired.
 |
| Uncle Jim is one of my favorite Packers fans |
 |
| Goodbye, Chilly |
No comments:
Post a Comment