Saturday, May 28, 2011

Florida (Again) Day 2

We walked to breakfast at the Yucatan and went mini golfing in the afternoon.  It was so burning hot that my head felt like it was going to explode.  Mini golf turned out not to be the best idea for how hot it was.  There was only one other group there.  M ended up winning and I didn't take any pictures of actual golfing except for this Hibiscus. We were literally dripping with sweat when we were done.  They also have alligators in the water there so we fed them so chunks of meat you can buy there. You put the meat on a bobby pin that connected to a fishing pole of sorts and dangle it into the water and they come up and grab it.  They're strong!




After cleaning up a bit, M and I dressed up, drove to Naples and went to Shula's as in Don Shula. We have wanted to go there a while and we finally prepared for it on this trip.  When they seat you at your table, they put down a football signed by Don Shula that has all the steak choices printed on it.  I had a fantastic tomato and mozzarella salad and we both had the filet mignon.  They say their standards for their beef are better than USDA (which truly isn't saying much) but that their meats are in the top 1% of the beef industry.  And after tasting the filet, I highly agree.  It was the best cut of meat I've EVER had.  Not an ounce of fat or grizzle or anything.  Just perfect meat that I describe as so tender it's pillowy.  It was not the most seasoned or flavorful meat I've ever had but you just can't beat that quality.  So good.



My extremely strong blueberry martini

After Schula's, we drove back through Bonita Springs and stopped at one of the beaches and took a couple of pics before it got too dark.  The camera was on the wrong setting so these pics are grainy.



We went back to the hotel and M changed and we headed to the world famous Tiki Bar at our hotel.  We laugh at that every time we're there because we want to know what qualifies to call or declare something world famous?  Does that just mean that someone from another country has come to visit it?  We then went to the beach in the dark and enjoyed a beautiful full moon.  I'm not sure it was actually full but it was so orange.  Of course you can't get a good pic of the moon with a digital camera so you'll have to settle with this one of us.


No comments: