M and I have been listening to Florence since October 2009 and we were excited when tickets to this show went on sale last February however was extremely mad when they sold out in 1 minute, literally, and had to get tickets to the show on the secondary market, which as everyone knows, is a rip off because you usually pay big money. Economics 101: Supply and Demand. M actually did end up buying one ticket when they went on sale but only one because that's all that was available. We thought we'd end up being able to buy another ticket close to that one for me but there weren't any available so we bought a pair and sold to one ticket to a guy named Dave on eBay who lives down by Rochester. We met Dave at the zoo and gave him his ticket. He was pretty cool and he said I looked familiar, which is a comment that I rarely get so maybe he has seen me somewhere before.
The sky was unstable and it looked ready to rain at any moment, however the rain did hold off until just as the concert ended. We ended up dealing instead with extreme humidity being packed in like sardines with 1,500 other people.
The show was very theatrical and dramatic with a beautiful backdrop and stage props. Florence twirled around barefoot in her fuchsia-colored dress and shawl/cape throughout the whole performance. Her voice sounded perfect and exact and the most important thing was she sang so effortlessly. These are the good things I remember about the show. The not-so-good things I don't want to remember was the drunk bitch sitting next to me. She had two beers sitting below her feet and it would be a matter of time before she knocked them over and spilled them on my purse, an act I did predict to Michael. She was young and dumb and couldn't handle her alcohol. She grabbed my arm and asked me, why aren't you clapping? Ummm....because I have a camera in my hand and I'm taking a picture, you #%*&#@.
Here are the beautiful moments of the show! Please click on each picture to enlarge.
This is probably my favorite Florence song. For whatever reason this song is abbreviated and is not the album version. Please have a listen!
4 comments:
Oh wow... that was a show I really wanted to go to as well but I couldn't afford tickets. :( I know a person who went and they said it was a great show as well so I'm glad you were able to go!
I've never heard of her, but then again I never follow current music trends. I am ignorant in most things pop-culture and will probably march to the beat of my own drum forever! Thats just how I roll....
So jealous! Even more so after reading that she sounded great live. Live music can be hit or miss... her voice is so beautiful - live must have been amazing!
Hey Dana - Thanks again for the ticket. It was a great show. And I sat next to a couple of fun gals who drove up from Iowa for it and had a blast - except for the twenty-somethings behind me who would not shut up during the songs.
Post a Comment