At work, I am part of a group of volunteers that helped with the acquisition of another company back in January through March. It was a stressful time at work for all of us but we accomplished what we needed to by the deadlines that were set.
To reward some of us for our efforts, we were given Twins tickets so last Wednesday, I went to my first Twins game of the season.
Before the game, we started with a happy hour at The Public House with drinks and some appetizers. I just had a beer but one of the items on the menu was Bone Marrow. Um, no thank you!
There was a group of eight of us for the game but the tickets were in two separate sections. There was a drawing to determine who sat where and I was lucky enough to score the seats behind home plate.
It was the first time at Target Field that I had ever sat that close. We were seated in between the visitor's dugout and home plate. I sat with three others, one of which was a new employee, who works in my department and on my team. He was able to come with as one of the original people was sick that day so there was a drawing for that ticket, which he won. He's kind of a shy guy but we gave him a nice warm welcome when one of the other girls I was with arranged a deal with the usher, unbeknownst to any of us. It went something like this:
(We're in row 3 and usher comes down and stands at Row 1, looking into the crowd)
Usher: (insert name here) just started at a new company so I think we should sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" for him!
Crowd: ♪ (sings the song) ♫
It was funny if you were there and it's even more funny when the person you are embarrassing is a little shy. He was a good sport about it though. You should have seen his reaction when I told him jokingly that (insert name of other employee) arranged for him to be on the Kissing Cam. He freaked out. And I won't even tell you the "kind" words that popped out of his mouth to me in reaction to that.
So the company was fun, the antics and new employee hazing was fun and the game was ok. Twins lost, 6-2 but I didn't expect it to be any other way. We did get to see a Josh Willingham home run at least!
Oh, and we saw this fine lady. There was a contest going on for the best dancer and man, did she think she was hot ish!
To reward some of us for our efforts, we were given Twins tickets so last Wednesday, I went to my first Twins game of the season.
Before the game, we started with a happy hour at The Public House with drinks and some appetizers. I just had a beer but one of the items on the menu was Bone Marrow. Um, no thank you!
There was a group of eight of us for the game but the tickets were in two separate sections. There was a drawing to determine who sat where and I was lucky enough to score the seats behind home plate.
It was the first time at Target Field that I had ever sat that close. We were seated in between the visitor's dugout and home plate. I sat with three others, one of which was a new employee, who works in my department and on my team. He was able to come with as one of the original people was sick that day so there was a drawing for that ticket, which he won. He's kind of a shy guy but we gave him a nice warm welcome when one of the other girls I was with arranged a deal with the usher, unbeknownst to any of us. It went something like this:
(We're in row 3 and usher comes down and stands at Row 1, looking into the crowd)
Usher: (insert name here) just started at a new company so I think we should sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" for him!
Crowd: ♪ (sings the song) ♫
It was funny if you were there and it's even more funny when the person you are embarrassing is a little shy. He was a good sport about it though. You should have seen his reaction when I told him jokingly that (insert name of other employee) arranged for him to be on the Kissing Cam. He freaked out. And I won't even tell you the "kind" words that popped out of his mouth to me in reaction to that.
So the company was fun, the antics and new employee hazing was fun and the game was ok. Twins lost, 6-2 but I didn't expect it to be any other way. We did get to see a Josh Willingham home run at least!
| Hi Torii Hunter! |
1 comment:
LOL, sounds like you get along well with your co-workers; that's so important!
Too bad we lost, but like you said.. what did you expect! GREAT SEAT too!!!
Post a Comment