Monday, May 21, 2012

HOT, HOT, HOT

Last Tuesday, my sister Jamie and I met in Woodbury to go work out and then afterwards, we treated ourselves to going to Sawatdee in downtown St. Paul.  We were just nearing happy hour so they had cheap spring rolls so we ordered a plate of the fried veggie spring rolls and the fresh veggie spring rolls so we could each try one.  They were both very good. Jamie ordered the chicken Pad Thai and I had the veggie Thai Fried Rice with tofu.  We both ordered our spicy level as 4 out of a scale of 5, which indicates medium to hot.  I've eaten Thai plenty of times in my life and I am always wishing it was spicier.  Not this time.  Our food was so damn spicy hot that we just laughed because we couldn't even eat it.  We probably had three bites each but our mouths were on fire and we regretted getting a "4".  Nothing we did could cool our mouths down.  We politely took our food home stating we filled ourselves up on the spring rolls.  Even our To-Go container couldn't even hold all the food left on our plate.  My sister said she was starving and still hungry and I was too so we decided to try another cuisine instead. 




FIRE!!!!!


We went to El Loro in Inver Grove Heights for chips, salsa and guacamole. I can't say I've had Thai and Mexican in the same night before.  I did not want to waste all that food so I did eat my Thai Fried Rice for two meals over the next two days.  The spice factor did tone down a bit over time but it was still spicy.  I'll stick to a "3" for spice next time.






3 comments:

Ang said...

LOL, that's awesome! I bet you laugh about that one for a few years to come! :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Hahahah!!! I usually err on the side of caution when I eat Thai! I ask for extra spice on the side to add what I need. Live and learn! lol

Jamie said...

Haha! Good intentions...That margarita made it worth it :)