Tuesday, July 10, 2012

David Gray

M and I went to see David Gray at the Minnesota Zoo Amphitheater on Sunday, July 1st.  When you have tickets to see a concert at the zoo, you also get free admission to the zoo for the last two hours it's open.  We had plans of going to look at the animals however it was so damn hot that we decided against it and just went to the concert instead.

Neither of us had seen David Gray before.  He's been here lots of times over the years but we just never went to see him.  I'm so glad we got to see him at the zoo as it's our favorite outdoor venue by far.  Just look at the background of the second picture below.  That's the real background, not a backdrop.

David Gray's voice was flawless.  He really sounded perfect.  He played a handful of his most popular songs but in an order which I wouldn't expect, which was good in my opinion.  He also did a small encore, again which is good.  Encores these days really mean nothing and are obviously completely staged.  I didn't have to get up the next morning for work since I was starting my vacation the next day.





Here's my favorite David Gray song, "Lately", which is followed by probably his most popular song, "Babylon" in case you don't already know his material.





No comments: