Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thoughts for Thursday - Toothbrushes

My dad always liked reading when I did Thoughts for Thursday (TFT). It was not my idea and I don't know where it originated from but a topic is chosen by the blogger and they write about it. Here's where you come in...you get to be interactive with the blog and leave a comment about the topic.  Other bloggers do the same thing with their topic of choice and bloggers can link up the other blogger's topics on their post.  Fun?  Bloggers...are you interested in starting this again?

Today's topic is really light-hearted and almost stupid but it's an easy one and one that all can relate to, that is, if you brush your teeth.

I write blogs in my head all the time and while I was brushing my teeth on Monday and thinking about writing a blog post, this happened.  Really?!  The whole brush part broke off into my mouth!


This post didn't start over broken toothbrushes.  It started based on feedback M received from the dentist about his teeth.  Let's rewind.

Both M and I wanted an electric toothbrushes a couple of years ago.  He bought me one for my birthday two years ago.  I hated it.  I could not get used to the vibration, the feel of it and me drooling all over the place.  I returned it.  

I bought M an electric toothbrush last year for Christmas.  He loves it.

M goes to the dentist once a year.  This past week, he went for the first time since getting him the electric toothbrush.  They raved about his teeth and knew he must use an electric toothbrush.  While I get good feedback from my dentist, I've never had rave reviews like he did.  

Do you brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush or do you do it "manually"?  
Have you had great comments from your dentist with either toothbrush?
Do you think it's worth investing in an electric toothbrush and the cost of the replacement heads?
Participate and leave a comment!

I'm starting to consider getting one again and trying it out.  If I just be patient and stick with it, the benefits seem to be worth it. 

I hope I can stick with a topic each week going forward.  They'll be lighthearted and heavy hitters alike.  If I get little participation from readers and other bloggers, I may discontinue at some point but we'll see how it goes.

Other TFT posts:

  • Kristi --The Flu  (Her blog is password protected but I know some of you have the password.)
*If there are any other bloggers who plan on doing a TFT post too, please let me know and I'll link you up later today.*

6 comments:

John said...

I'm like you, Dana; I can't stand the vibration feeling of an electric toothbrush! I can barely stand the feeling of brushing my teeth, period. But I do it everyday and get good reviews from the dentist.

Dana said...

Keep brushing your teeth, John. Jen wouldn't like it much if you didn't. :)

mamamouseiam said...

It does take some getting used to, I'll admit that! The hardest part is sticking it out the full 2 minutes when I'm in a hurry! ;) My first dentist appointment since acquiring an electric toothbrush is in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted!

John said...

I definitely do, but not out of enjoyment!

Kim Lindstrom said...

I love my electric toothbrush! While I've had great comments from the dentist, they were from using both the 'manual' and the electric toothbrush. I actually believe it's the flossing that does the most! My brush seems to work better when getting to the back of the teeth, as it's head is smaller. And I like that it makes me brush for a full 2 minutes!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I have never used an electric toothbrush despite having a very nice, expensive one sitting in my bathroom cabinet. I have NEVER had a cavity in my life and I always get raves about my teeth.
PS I am SO behind on your blog, I had 13 posts to still read. Working on it slowly but surely!