Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Afternoon Twins Game

On Tuesday, April 23rd, this is what it looked like outside in my backyard:


That wasn't a good enough reason to play hooky from work though.  What is a good enough reason is an afternoon Twins game.  Not only a game where you don't have to pay for the tickets, but a game where your employer pays for them and tells you to take the day off.  Why?  Per the email our Director of Servicing sent out: 

Congratulations! You are receiving this email because you were rated as a high-performer on your recent annual performance review. We would like to reward your exceptional efforts by inviting you to attend the Minnesota Twins baseball game versus the Miami Marlins on Tuesday, April 23 at 12:10 pm.


I was so excited when I read that email.  Not only was I excited to go to the game, the excitement level got a little bit higher when I found out where the seats were...behind the visitor's dugout.  But don't worry, I was also able to go to the company's suite for all the food and drink I wanted. :)

Because of the snow and the fact that the game the night before was postponed, they pushed back the start of my game until 1:10 pm in order to clear the snow and to accommodate the double header that day.  I bundled up wearing the exact same outfit I wore for the home/season opener and it turns out I wouldn't be cold the entire day.  I didn't even need my jacket for the game.  Thank you, Sun.

Even though it was snowy at my house, you wouldn't be able to tell at the game.  The field was green and the seats were clear of any snow.  There was a group of us that went and four of us were able to sit behind the dugout, four were able to sit behind home plate and the rest sat in the seats at the suite.  Joe Mauer hit a foul ball that one of my friends caught in the suite.  Well, she didn't actually catch it.  Instead, it hit her in the butt when she was trying to take cover.  She still got the ball.

Twins beat the Marlins 4-3, including a 3-run bomb by Oswaldo Arcia.  I had the BEST time at the game.  I worked a little bit in the morning from home, went to the game and was home again by 4:15 pm.  Perfect day.

Thank you to my friend Ed for the first six pictures below.  



Ed taking our pic from behind home plate



Looking down from the suite








Drinking beer with Zak
Jared and I 

No comments: