We went to a benefit for a friend/family member of M's on Saturday, April 6th. It was held at Champps in Maplewood and it was a small space but it was packed. David, the person who the benefit was for, has some form of cancer affecting his bones and is terminal. He's in his lower 50's.
They had raffles and silent auctions. M won a basket through a raffle containing $100 in restaurant gift cards, shirts, candles, diffusers and lotions. This was also the first time we saw M's mom and dad since coming back to MN from Florida. They had just gotten back the day before. (I think they thought it was safe to come back at that time and it wouldn't snow anymore. Ha!)
I forgot to take pictures but thank you to Kim for the picture below.
They had raffles and silent auctions. M won a basket through a raffle containing $100 in restaurant gift cards, shirts, candles, diffusers and lotions. This was also the first time we saw M's mom and dad since coming back to MN from Florida. They had just gotten back the day before. (I think they thought it was safe to come back at that time and it wouldn't snow anymore. Ha!)
I forgot to take pictures but thank you to Kim for the picture below.
![]() |
| Greg, M, Me, Chad, Megan |
We love to support causes but no more cancer, please! Since and including my dad's funeral, I have been to 4 funerals in 6 months...all cancer.

No comments:
Post a Comment