Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Back to Back Games

Friday, May 31st, M and I went to the Twins game.  I won tickets through the City of Bloomington for the Step To It Challenge.  Our seats were in the Powerball Pavilion and we were pretty much right in center field.  I had never sat there before so it's always fun to see a different perspective.  The Twins played the Seattle Mariners and the game itself was pretty boring.  Twins lost 3-0.  They had fireworks after the game but we didn't stay for them.







While I was at work on Friday afternoon, I was asked by one of the managers if I wanted Twins tickets to Saturday's game.  M and I had plans of doing a different animal walk in the morning but we hadn't signed up for it.  We also were invited to my cousin's daughter's first birthday party as well. But, these tickets were offered to me for good performance so I felt like I should take them as well as I wanted to take them.  And so I did.  Good or bad, we bailed on all other plans to go to the Twins game.  I've sat in these seats before and they are really great.  They're in between home plate and the visitor's dugout just 3 rows higher than the Champion's Club on the aisle.  It was M's first time experiencing them and he said that it was the best seats he's ever had at Target Field. 

This game was a little better than the night before.  The Twins were down 4-2 in the top of the 8th when it started to rain.  The radar showed continuing rain so we decided to leave along with a lot of other people.  Too bad we did.  The Twins came back in the bottom of the 9th with a walkoff two-run triple from Doumit to win the game, 5-4.  





By June 1st, I have already been to 4 Twins games this year and have only paid for one.  My dad, in the form of his t-shirt, has been to three games.  :)  


No comments: