Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Friend Week

The week of May 27th was what I consider friend week.  Instead of writing about each encounter individually, I thought I'd combine them all in one.

May 27th was Memorial Day but the next day I was back at it at work.  For my lunch break, I met my friend Brenna for lunch at People's Organic in The Galleria.  I ran into her at the grocery store a couple of months ago but other than that, it's been a really long time since we saw each other.  It was so nice to catch up with her and see how's she's doing.  We both have fuzzy cat babies so we always talk about them. No pics this time.

The next day, I met Tanya for dinner at Dancing Ganesha. It's an Indian restaurant in downtown Minneapolis.  She had been there multiple times before but this was my first time.  I'd heard good things about it before.  We both had the Tikka Masala with chicken.  I never crave chicken and actually don't care for it much but I was in a chicken mood that night.  We also ordered the garlic naan.  The dinner was fabulous.  I loved what I ordered I can't wait to go back.  Fortunately, I already have a dinner date scheduled for there again at the end of the month.





The next day, Thursday the 30th, I met my friend Heather for lunch at The Good Earth in The Galleria. We both work in the area and we decided to get together for a quick lunch since I hadn't seen her since her in  a long time and to mix a little business with pleasure.  No lunchtime photos with Heather.  

That same evening, I had a happy hour scheduled for the Alphabet Gang.  The weather wasn't supposed to be good with an evening of rain.  We had planned on walking around one of the Minneapolis lakes but since the weather wasn't going to cooperate, we decided to go to Psycho Suzi's instead.  It was just four of us girls this time (Beth, Catha, Deanna and me) and we sat out on the patio.  When we were there, it got cloudy and it rained for just a quick moment and then the sunshine came out and it was hot and sunny.  I hadn't been to this location since they moved from across the street.  The patio was big and nice but the bugs were crazy!  The patio is right on the Mississippi River so I'm sure that's where they're coming from.  I didn't get any pictures of the girls.  I forgot.  Somehow I don't think they minded.  Some in the group aren't fond of getting their picture taken.  




Lastly, to round out the work week, M and I met my friend Justin for a quick beer at New Bohemia in NE Minneapolis.  Again, my first time being here but M's been here a handful of times.  It's a cute little place and not how I pictured it at all.  The community tables might take some getting used to, especially if it's busy.  



It was a really busy week catching up with friends but fun of course!  My busy schedule would continue through the weekend.  (Catching my breath)...until then.



No comments: