Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Idea House

On Thursday, October 3rd, my mom, sister and I went on a rainy evening to the fall version of the Bachman's Idea House. They don't do one in the summer but we did go to the spring one for our first time. We liked it so much that we want to go each season they're open.

The theme for this fall season was "An Upscale Casual Harvest at Home".  The home gives you so many ideas, both cheap and not-so-cheap but they do such a good job at paying attention to detail that some of the ideas are so simple yet make a big impact.

While I really enjoyed touring this season's house, I liked the spring house better in some ways.  

I'll share the photos by room so you can see how beautifully decorated each room is.  Lots of photos ahead!


Let's start room by room.  This dinner setting was outside in one of the buildings on the property.  They had a great idea of having an open picture frame around each place setting.


We started upstairs first with this being the master bedroom.



Small wire baskets set in a frame





The bathroom was next. 



This room was a spooky Halloween/fall-festive Thanksgiving room with different table dining options.  







A man's office was next with lots of belts and ties around.  Fifty Shades of Grey, anyone?




Window on the stairs landing
This was the final room upstairs and probably my favorite upstairs.  


This shelf is made from old wood ironing boards- Love!
Love this too!
Back downstairs, we headed into the dining room.



The kitchen:






The window in the bathroom off the kitchen.  I love this idea.


Had to take a picture of the Vera Bradley bags
The living room was beautiful again with room right off the living room, where another table was, is my favorite room of the house.





A game of Scrabble-Gardening Edition.  Shhhh...I bought this for my mom for Christmas



Love the pillows

Inside the fireplace

I loved these

The front porch also had a table setting.





On the back wall of the house, an old dresser served as a garden.


A shed-type building in the backyard was turned into a man cave.  It was a perfect setup for football.



A couch made of cinder blocks and pillows
Jamie and my mom at the bar

The building the man cave was in.


After the tour, we shopped around the Bachman's store for awhile before going to dinner.  Almost everything in the house is for sale in the store.  I saw these adorable paperweights.  They are so cute. I put my small hand in the picture for reference.


Afterwards, we ate at Houlihan's in Richfield.  I forgot to get our picture taken so here's a terrible impromptu picture in the parking ramp. And when I say terrible, I mean my dark roots that look greasy under the lights. 



The Holidays Idea House runs November 7- December 15. 

No comments: