The Vikings home opener came late this year. With the first two games on the road and losses for both of them, the first chance to win was at home on Sunday, September 22nd.
Tailgating starts a little bit later each year as we age. We got out there around 8:30 am to enjoy the beautifully sunny and warm day. M and I pulled out the bean bags and played four games, all of which M won.
We played the Cleveland Browns, another 0-2 team and really, it should have been a slam dunk (I love when people use a different sport to explain another sport) for the team as the Browns played their 3rd string quarterback as well as their 1st round (3rd pick) running back, Trent Richardson was traded earlier in the week. The Vikings were already expected to win but things went sour quickly. First, the feeling in the air was not like the season home opener. I didn't feel the electricity, the excitement in the dome. The next bad sign was Christian Ponder taking the field. Ok, it's not just him but I do not want him as the Vikings quarterback anymore. I'm sure he's a great guy and I'm sure he's having a hard time mentally with his performances but he's just not cut out to be a starting quarterback. But I digress. In the words of Justin Timberlake on SNL, "I hope a third bad thing doesn't happen....", but it does. The crowd boos over and over and over again through the entire game.
Vikings lose, 31-27. This game was the least enjoyable game I have ever been to. We've been blown out by other teams and probably had even worst performances but the negative energy in the Metrodome was too much for me to handle that it was stressful to be there. Since we got a win against the now 0-4 Steelers while playing in London last Sunday, coupled with a bye week this Sunday, I hope we're ready to take on the Panthers for the October 13th home game.
Tailgating starts a little bit later each year as we age. We got out there around 8:30 am to enjoy the beautifully sunny and warm day. M and I pulled out the bean bags and played four games, all of which M won.
Vikings lose, 31-27. This game was the least enjoyable game I have ever been to. We've been blown out by other teams and probably had even worst performances but the negative energy in the Metrodome was too much for me to handle that it was stressful to be there. Since we got a win against the now 0-4 Steelers while playing in London last Sunday, coupled with a bye week this Sunday, I hope we're ready to take on the Panthers for the October 13th home game.
No comments:
Post a Comment