We went to Bachman's Ideas House on Tuesday, December 3rd. While I thought it would be decked out in Christmas/Holiday decor throughout the house, it wasn't quite like that. This season's theme was "A Cozy, Contemporary Nordic Celebration."
This was our third time touring the Bachman's Idea House as we completed all the seasons they makeover the house during 2013. It's fun, doesn't take that much time, we get to hang out with each other and it's like Pinterest live.
Tons of creative house inspiration ahead!
This was one of my mom's favorite rooms.
Girl's Bedroom:
I loved the color of the walls and the vintage vanity and mirror as well as the porch posts that were used to make the canopy bed. I would have loved this room when I was a young girl.
Kitchen:
I thought the red walls looked great, something I would never be brave enough to do in my own kitchen. One of my favorite ideas in the entire house was the use of a vintage bed spring that was hung above the stove as a pot and pans rack. LOVE.
Porch:
The porch was set up as a hot chocolate bar.
This was our third time touring the Bachman's Idea House as we completed all the seasons they makeover the house during 2013. It's fun, doesn't take that much time, we get to hang out with each other and it's like Pinterest live.
Tons of creative house inspiration ahead!
Living Room:
The living room was mostly red and white. I loved the look but then I ruin it in my head thinking the white would not survive so well with kids and pets.
Dining Room:
Upstairs master bedroom:
I loved this Christmas tree and loved the idea that two of the bedrooms had their own Christmas tree in it. I liked the color of the walls and how the bronze/copper colors went with it.
Gardener's room:
This was one of my mom's favorite rooms.
Upstairs bathroom:
They had really cute birch baskets as towel holders as you can see above the sink. I wasn't too crazy about the shower curtain.
Tablescapes Room:
They had three table settings in this room. They were themed "Happy New Year's", "Winter Wedding" and "Classic Holiday" and in the same order as shown below. My favorite was the Winter Wedding, although I'm not sure about actually doing that at a wedding.
Girl's Bedroom:
I loved the color of the walls and the vintage vanity and mirror as well as the porch posts that were used to make the canopy bed. I would have loved this room when I was a young girl.
I thought the red walls looked great, something I would never be brave enough to do in my own kitchen. One of my favorite ideas in the entire house was the use of a vintage bed spring that was hung above the stove as a pot and pans rack. LOVE.
| LOVE! |
Main floor bathroom:
This bathroom looked a little bit more like Valentine's Day to me but still cute.
Porch:
The porch was set up as a hot chocolate bar.
| Shhh...I see a typo |
Afterwards, we went to Pizza Luce in Richfield. Surprisingly, it's a place where all of us have been before. We started with the bruschetta that was really good but really garlicky. I got a pizza, half baked potato and and have mushroom and green pepper. I couldn't decide between the originally and good thing I didn't have to. My sister said she had the best lasagna ever and my mom went with the meatball sandwich. I love Pizza Luce so much.
The Spring Ideas House will run from March 6-30.
No comments:
Post a Comment