Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving

How was your Thanksgiving?  Mine was good, but I was missing my dad big time on Wednesday night.  Oh, how I wish he was still here.  :(

I made two pies on Wednesday night.  Both were pumpkin but neither too traditional.  One I made with a graham cracker crust and with sweet condensed milk instead of evaporated milk.  I don't even know if it tasted good because I don't really care for pumpkin pie and never tried it.  M took that one to his family on Thanksgiving.


I also made a pumpkin pie with a ginger snap and brown butter crust with cinnamon/brown sugar topping and cinnamon whipped cream.  I had two small pieces of this pie over the course of the holiday weekend sans the whipped cream (yuck!) and it was yummo.

It tasted better than it looks!


On Thanksgiving morning, I made green bean casserole and brought it to my aunt's house in Somerset, where most of my mom's side was.  We missed my aunt, cousin, his fiancee and their kids as they couldn't make it. 

The food was delicious, I loved seeing my family, I didn't overeat and I didn't go shopping afterwards.  Win!

Sister's family
Sister, Me, Grandpa, Mom
Pouty and Happy


2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Glad you had a nice, low-key Thanksgiving! Ours was also very quiet this year, just me, E, Bretton at my parents house.
PS I miss you, want to get together for dinner soon??!!

Dana said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds nice as well. I'd love to get together for dinner soon! I've been thinking about that and miss you as well! Throw out some dates and we'll go from there!