Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday:

There is not much to report from this weekend. Michael and I were supposed to go to see a jazz band with our friends on Friday but Michael has been sick (again!) and couldn’t make it out so we ended up watching the rest of a movie we started earlier in the week.

Saturday:

Michael has been sick for WEEKS and we had his work holiday party at the Nicollet Island Inn later in the evening. We got up late morning and went to breakfast at Khoury’s in Inver Grove Heights. I had eggs benedict for my first time! It was good but the hollandaise sauce was very rich and buttery and it’s something I could not eat all the time, besides it’s fattening. All Michael’s energy was used on going out for breakfast. Michael stayed in bed for a good majority of the day sleeping and we didn’t go to his party. I ran some errands Saturday afternoon and we ended up watching My Best Friend’s Girl and The Departed.

Sunday:

Our FIRST football less Sunday since August!
I woke up early and Michael was starting to feel better. We went to breakfast at Gorman’s in Lake Elmo. We have heard from numerous people that they have good breakfast. You will probably see a trend throughout the winter that we go out to breakfast a lot more now that we don’t have football to watch. We will be going to more movies and bowling now too. That’s our Sunday activities in our off season. We went and saw The Wrestler after breakfast. This is the film that Mickey Rourke is nominated for best actor for the upcoming Academy Awards in March as well as Marissa Tomei for best supporting actress. I really enjoyed the movie but I can see where it wouldn’t be for everyone. We went home and I made muffins and cinnamon bread for someone’s birthday at work and then we watched The Express. This is another good movie. It’s about a young black kid named Ernie Davis back in 1949-1960’s. He becomes a college football player and realizes how much racism exists while playing games around the country and even with his own teammates and coach. I don’t want to give anything away in case you do want to see it, but you come to realize he has more to battle than racism. It’s more than a football movie and I do recommend this movie. I finished the night by getting into bed early and catching up on all my magazines I subscribe to. I had so much time to do stuff when football isn’t on. I look forward to footballess weekends just as much as I look forward to football season. 6 months on, 6 months off.

I hope you all had a nice weekend!

P.S. Thanks Mom and Dad for the wonderful dinner you made me on Thursday night! (And presents too!)

No comments: