Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Schmandom

I always go in streaks with blogging and I've been on a non-blogging streak as of late so it's time to share some hodge podge thoughts and experiences with you, bullet style.
  • I decided to shop for car insurance as my policy was expiring and I haven't been happy with the rates I've been getting considering that I've been driving for almost 18 years (that sounds so weird to say)and I've never been in an accident and I only have one speeding ticket from 2003 in a different state that is no longer on my record, however my car is on a top ten list (at least it was two years ago) for high insurance rates. Anyway, I first went to Allstate to check their insurance because let's face it, Mayhem was the only reason I checked there because I love those commercials.  Their quote was the same as what I was currently paying so I went to Progressive.  After getting their quote, I decided to go with them.  Progressive saved me 50% off my current insurance premium with equal coverage but better deductibles.  So thanks to Progressive and Flo, who saved me a lot of flow.  Here's a picture of my friend Jill from Halloween as Flo.  Doesn't she look good?
  • I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping!  Not only do I have most of my shopping complete, I also have everything I've purchased wrapped!  I love being ahead at this time of year. 
  • I went to lunch with a couple of girls from work at Big Bowl in the Galleria in Edina.  After lunch, we went into the new Louis Vuitton store.  It was totally like being in a store in a movie where there isn't much merchandise but just a few items with beautiful decor all around.  The one girl I was with has a Louis Vuitton purse so she was looking for a wallet to match it.  We looked at a wallet and it was $925!  Forget about all that luggage I was admiring.
  • I didn't find out until the 3rd day of November that November is NaBloPoMo, which is National Blogging Posting Month, which is where you blog every single day for the whole month of November.  If I would have known sooner, I would have joined up to do it and your life would have been that more pleasurable as you would have been able to read about all my amazing life events every.single.day.
  • M was out of town for the past two weekends due to deer hunting.  I've loved having the house to myself but I've found myself missing him more than ever too.  I love that I still love him this much after all our years together.  And no, he didn't get a deer....he didn't even see one while in his stand.  
  • Do you go in waves with what types of food you crave?  I do and while it's usually good tacos, this time it's good pizza.  Pizza Luce to be exact.  I love their pizza!  What do you crave right now?
  • While doing my hair yesterday morning and parting it a different way than usual, I found a gray hair!  NOOO!!!  This is about the 4th or 5th gray hair I've had in my life, my first being when I was young, like 20.  I think I've had 2 gray hairs this year....well the first one this year was questionable because it looked blonde, but why the heck would I have a blonde hair?  I'm not ready for this.  I'm too busy trying to fight fine lines and future wrinkles on my face that I don't need to deal with this too quite yet, but I've had enough to stress about the last few months so I suppose it might come with the territory.  
  • I took off my shoes from work yesterday and laughed because this is what I saw.  I guess because they are both pale yellow in color, they must be matching socks. 
 
  • I got new tires for my car!  After the big snow day this past Saturday where some parts of the Metro received up to 11 inches of snow, it was time to replace the tires.  Unfortunately I was only able to get the front two as that's all they had in stock since I have a weird size but that was enough for me not to slip and slide all over the roads.  Here's a picture of what my backyard looked like around 11 am on Saturday:

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Gray hairs are a bitch! I started getting a bunch after my 32nd birthday. E teased me about it and now they are starting to pop on his head too! Are we really that old??!!

Ang said...

lol - so much to comment on!
beware of Progressive... they'll start you out nice, but be cautious of future spikes that'll get you up to what you're paying - be on top of that stuff!
I'm craving... a juicy lucy (or any stuffed burger)... oh hell, who am I kidding... I just want a burger.

LOVE the socks! too fricken funny!

Rebecca said...

Being a Progressive employee , my profit sharing check thanks you for your business :)